Backstory for both: In the early days of the rebuilding of Cybertron, many Cybertronians wanted to see if sparklings developed inside a mech or femme would be stronger/healthier than those left to develop out in the open. Somehow, Knockout found himself, begrudgingly, in this program. He carried a sparkling full term, thus creating Sideswipe. For a long time, Sideswipe didn't understand why people didn't trust his carrier, but then learns about it in school and kinda gives him the cold shoulder.
"You don't have any right to tell me what I'm allowed to do!"
"Sideswipe, I am your carrier."
"Yeah, but you also used to be a Decepticon!"
"You've known that." .... "But... now you know what that means."
1) Due to the concern of some Autobots on Cybertron, Knockout ends up on Earth to be the new medic for Team Bee, though unaware that he'll also be tending to Sideswipe. When he arrives, Sideswipe pretends not to recognize him, so he does the same. Eventually, Sideswipe somehow gets infected with cosmic rust. He's quarantined, but Knockout is determined to save him. So he goes in without any sort of protection, since there's no time to get any, and works frantically until he's able to save Sideswipe. Problem: Now, he's got cosmic rust. Sideswipe gets really upset because he realizes that he mattered the most to Knockout, even above his own life, and finally comes clean to the others about Knockout being his carrier. They contact Cybertron and manage to get Ratchet to Earth to save him, this time with protective gear to prevent further contamination. It's almost too late, to the point where Knockout's spark, as a defense mechanism to try to keep infection from spreading further, releases a lot of its energy. Enough to make it seem like the spark signature has gone offline. He stays 'offline' for a few days, and the others have kept his frame in good condition for a funeral of sorts that they were going to have. Sideswipe spends a lot of his time by where they've stored his frame.
-Ratchet has had Knockout on a spark monitor that can be heard throughout the entire scrapyard and Sideswipe is trying to convince himself that Knockout will survive when he 'flatlines'
-Sideswipe has to awkwardly explain to the humans that, in their terms, Knockout is more like his 'mother' than his 'father'
-(unrelated to most of the plot) Knockout convinces Bee to look up Raf and visit him (50 years after Prime? I think I read that in a fic, but I don't know if it's canon or just a number. Either way, I'm good with that number)
2) Some sort of technical accident sends Sideswipe into the past... into the days of TFP. He fanboys a little bit when meeting Team Prime, but quickly hides it. He lies about where he came from for now, joining them in their fight against the Decepticons. However, he has to tell Optimus the truth after a battle that both he and Knockout took part in. ("I mean, yeah, he makes me mad a lot, but I can't fight my carrier...") Optimus then pulls him from fights with Knockout/strategically places him on the other side of the battlefield. He has to tell Ratchet about Sideswipe being from the future, though he leaves out his relation with Knockout, in order for them to find Sideswipe a way home.
-Sideswipe gets captured by the Decepticons and 'interrogated' by Knockout
-Knockout makes some comment of how 'Sideswipe kinda reminds him of himself'
-The kids, mostly Miko, notice Optimus keeping Sideswipe away from Knockout and try to come up with all sorts of crazy reasons for it
-(going with the above statement) "Maybe he's from the future and Knockout's his dad!" ..... "Nah, that's not right."
When Ironhide was young, he had a thing for wings. Not exactly a popular thing in grounder-populated areas. He met Sunstorm, who was generally shunned by other seekers, because he's a follower or Primus rather than the seekers main divinity Zephyrus (don't know where that came from, maybe another fanfic). The two oddballs hit it off, and eventually there was the patter of little pedes. LOTS of little pedes.
First litter: Optimus & Starscream
Third: Sideswipe & Sunstreaker
Fourth: Cliffjumper & Bumblebee
Now, imagine this strange family history coming to public knowledge on Earth.
Grab some popcorn.
Twins and Red Alert. All of them Lamborghinis.
People tend to like writing fics where all the Datsuns are brothers or otherwise related. Maybe the Lamborghinis are too.
But Red Alert doesn't look much like Sides and Sunny. Twins are red-black-yellow while Red is white and red.
White and red... Ratchet is also white and red. And the twins spend a lot of time around him.
And then there's that one episode with that THING between Red and Starscream.
Red Alert.... Starscream... Twins.... Jet Judo?
... Yeah, that would explain it.
Make whatever you want of that.
Some (okay, most) have been inspired by fan-fics.
If someone knows of a fic that fits the criteria, please share link? I'd really like to read the story!
(Most of these are either Generation 1, or any-continuity. Only a few are universe-specific)
( Lots of bunnies - 57 to be exact! )
Maybe after sharing these, the others will stop hounding me.
Or calm down enough so I can write one without being mercilessly interrupted.
( They're Weird )
9. "What are you in for?"
"MECH SLAUGHTER!!!! I SLAUGHTERED A MECH!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU IN FOR!??!!!!"
10. "...Did Ramjet just understand Perceptor!?!"
11. "You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at."
12. Beast wars characters acting out The Killer Rabbit from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
Waspinator: Tim The Enchanter
Silverbolt: Sir Robin
Terrorsaur: Sir Lancelot
Tigatron: Sir Galahad
Cheetor: King Arthur
Stampy: Killer Rabbit
13. Art. Wheeljack in a box labeled "Highly Explosive, keep your distance"
14. G1. The Twins learn that angry Wheeljack is scarier than Angry Ratchet. Why? Wheeljack throws his half finished projects instead of wrenches.
15. G1. A virus is going around The Ark and the Nemesis. Suddenly, mechs are speaking with the voices of famous characters, or getting a character's personality, or saying things they'd never say before.(Bonus points for getting personalities from other universes)
16. Art. Swoop and First Aid beating Megatron into submission with wrenches, Ratchet looking proud, the twins running away in horror
17. G1. Sideswipe:*dressed up as a pirate* Come on, say it!
Swoop: No, Swoop don't wanna!*flies off*
Sideswipe: Great, NOW where am I gonna get a parrot!
18. "So, what do you guys want for breakfast?"
"Steve, no! We both know how you get around gummy bears!"
Vehicons/Eradicons in the morning?
Human formers verse
This has been in the back of my head for a while now, I keep wanting to write it but I just can't seem to do it any justice.
For whatever reason, the Autobots are human. Maybe Primacron left some ancient and forgotten tech behind and they discovered or someone pissed in Primus Cheerios once too often, the reasoning behind it isn't important.
From learning how clothing works, to zipping themselves up to stepping on things at night and getting sick from eating too much they end up finding out the hard way that being human isn’t easy, even with the help of their human friends.
Oddly enough whatever has turned them human has had little effect on primitive transformers. Instead of turning them human, it’s shrunken them.
A mech the size of Sky Lynx now the size of a large lion. Despite the blow to his pride he should deal with it pretty well unlike the Autobots who will, understandably, have a rather bad reaction to being stuck in weak fleshy bodies.
( cut for length )
Sigh here comes along another bunch of bunnies. These few are actually well-behaved for a change.
As much fun as it is to rummage around the TF bunny farm archive, it’s given me more rabbits to deal with (one of these is heavily influenced by an earlier post, but haven’t been able to recall who posted it. So if it looks familiar, tell me so I can credit the proper LJ member. Thanks so much!).
Have fun with these immature beasties.
1. The (current) Prime is a brother/twin to the Lord Protectorate. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are twins/brothers. They are the future Prime and Protectorate. (or can substitute any other cannon twins, any faction/realm/verse)
2. Optimus Prime is a bot with no morals. He watches and imitates his underlings.
3. Megatron is a con with no morals. He watches his followers to ensure he never develops a consciousness.
4. Shockwave and Megatron are from the same batch / the same initial framework. (Both Shockwave and Megatron are gunformers)
5. Autobots and Decepticons are NOT the same. They are both Cybertrons and Transformers – (Cybertrons are built on Cybertron, Transformers can transform from a mech to a vehicle and back) – but they were intended for radically different buyers. Decepticions, built as warriors for either a war-like species that didn’t want to send their inhabitants on the front lines, or as gladiators used to fight duels and establish feudal ranks/hold land and power for owners. The Autobots were requested as archivalists, builders, and household slaves, not for homestead defense (which, they could double-as ill frequently). The reason everyone – including the Autobots and Decepticons – believe they are essentially the same? The Quintessons streamlined production by building all their robots and droids in the same, metal rich system.
At first, excess ‘models’ and prototypes of new designs were secured in special facilities (zoo, lab, aquarium, wildlife preserves, etc) for study & improvement on what the customer wants. The oldest warriors – KUP and others – were thought to be deactivated or defective and tossed out for later recycling, and organized a rebellion. When the Quintessons disappear, the order to shut down the production facility never made it to the All-Spark/VectorSigma/other creation device. With the ‘Masters’ overthrown, the building of new products continues – and the raw materials run low (asteroid field gone, moons just former shadows of earliest selves, other planets stripped mined), which reduces the newspark arrivals. (after all, if there isn’t a frame ready to receive and protect the newspark, why waste the dwindling resources?)
Oh joy, Transformer Plot ideas and snippits I can’t work into a story/ficlet at this time. I want to see them, but keeping them straight (and giving them the attention they deserve) is not possible right now.
( WARNING! .... The technical background gets a bit wordy ... )
Well, now that I got these off my chest, maybe I can actually work on the stories that are bouncing around in the attic. If any of the bunnies attack you, so sorry, but I would like to see the results.
Had this idea while bandaging my leg after a nasty scrape :D
Ratchet has had it with Sideswipe slagging himself up and ending up in the med bay, either for minor injuries or serious ones. So, Ratchet bets that Sideswipe won’t last a week without injuring himself. Everyone agrees (Sideswipe included). Fortunately (or rather, un- fortunately) Jazz is in the med bay at that particular moment. He overhears that and bets against everyone that, yes, Sideswipe will survive a week without hurting himself. And the bet is on! (Even is Prowl seriously doubts it)
Jazz knows it’s impossible for Sideswipe not to slag himself up. SO, Jazz is secretly helping him (even from Sideswipe himself secret). Jazz ‘protects’ Sideswipe. He is Spec. Ops, it shouldn’t be that hard to make sure Sideswipe doesn’t hurt himself.
Oh, how wrong he is.
Main idea: Every time Jazz saves Sideswipe, Jazz gets injured in his place. A lot of comedy (and impromptu medical assistance from Prowl) ensured! Oh, and Prowl acting as a nurse
and the sane part of the saboteur's CPU to Jazz after every time he slags himself up since he can’t visit Ratchet and admit he cheated.
It’s supposed to be crack. Author can decide if it will contain slash or not. No preferences from me. Author can decide how it should end.
Goal: HAVE FUN! ^_^
*winces for Jazz*