Sigh here comes along another bunch of bunnies. These few are actually well-behaved for a change.
As much fun as it is to rummage around the TF bunny farm archive, it’s given me more rabbits to deal with (one of these is heavily influenced by an earlier post, but haven’t been able to recall who posted it. So if it looks familiar, tell me so I can credit the proper LJ member. Thanks so much!).
Have fun with these immature beasties.
1. The (current) Prime is a brother/twin to the Lord Protectorate. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are twins/brothers. They are the future Prime and Protectorate. (or can substitute any other cannon twins, any faction/realm/verse)
2. Optimus Prime is a bot with no morals. He watches and imitates his underlings.
3. Megatron is a con with no morals. He watches his followers to ensure he never develops a consciousness.
4. Shockwave and Megatron are from the same batch / the same initial framework. (Both Shockwave and Megatron are gunformers)
5. Autobots and Decepticons are NOT the same. They are both Cybertrons and Transformers – (Cybertrons are built on Cybertron, Transformers can transform from a mech to a vehicle and back) – but they were intended for radically different buyers. Decepticions, built as warriors for either a war-like species that didn’t want to send their inhabitants on the front lines, or as gladiators used to fight duels and establish feudal ranks/hold land and power for owners. The Autobots were requested as archivalists, builders, and household slaves, not for homestead defense (which, they could double-as ill frequently). The reason everyone – including the Autobots and Decepticons – believe they are essentially the same? The Quintessons streamlined production by building all their robots and droids in the same, metal rich system.
At first, excess ‘models’ and prototypes of new designs were secured in special facilities (zoo, lab, aquarium, wildlife preserves, etc) for study & improvement on what the customer wants. The oldest warriors – KUP and others – were thought to be deactivated or defective and tossed out for later recycling, and organized a rebellion. When the Quintessons disappear, the order to shut down the production facility never made it to the All-Spark/VectorSigma/other creation device. With the ‘Masters’ overthrown, the building of new products continues – and the raw materials run low (asteroid field gone, moons just former shadows of earliest selves, other planets stripped mined), which reduces the newspark arrivals. (after all, if there isn’t a frame ready to receive and protect the newspark, why waste the dwindling resources?)